Monday, October 1, 2007

Crocheting a LARGE Granny Square

I'm working on a store sample for Stitches & Scones right now and it's a crochet project! I have fallen in love with it because it reminds me of the granny squares my mother taught me when I was little -- but it's easier! Instead of crocheting 40 or 50 squares you just make one really big square!

The Granny Square Afghan is made out of 12 skeins of Boku - a wonderful self striping yarn Molli has at the shop. When I began the pattern I quickly realized it was better to wind all the skeins into nice center-pull cakes and put them in a box. Therefore, I could easily see which ball I needed next for the next row (every row you change colors).


It is quite addictive and I find myself saying, "Just one more row." I'll have to show you the finished project. Hopefully I'll have it finished soon so you can pop in to Stitches & Scones and see it!
Happy Knitting Everyone! (And crocheting too!) =)

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oooo, it sounds fun!

caroline said...

If you have time, I could use some instruction in knitting baby sweaters and booties...