Tuesday, December 4, 2007

No Dumping


Sometimes I just can't believe people. When you live in a neighborhood you must go out of your way to be nice. You just have to. Especially since the subdivisions these days are built with such density. If you aren't nice and forgiving it doesn't work.


This is the little figure our neighbor has recently put in his yard. Can you believe it? There are a lot of dog people in our neighborhood but these people are NOT dog people. They are not even cat people or goldfish people. They are luxurious lawn people.


Thank goodness Bobby never "dumps" on their lawn. I always take Bobby out our back path and I pick up after him -- yes, I do. I think it is kind to others to pick up after your dog. Who wants to step in a squishy pile of yucky stuff.


However, as a dog owner I was offended by my neighbor's sign. I wanted to go out and place a sign around this plastic doggie's neck saying, "Equal opportunity for canines" or "We need potties too" or "Get a life." But, because if you live in a neighborhood you have to be nice, I have refrained.


Oh, the drama of life....

4 comments:

Heather L. said...

Well, it doesn't help that their sign is in the exact outline of Bobbi! I'm sure that made you think it was all the more directed at you! Maybe their grandkids gave it to them as a present and they HAD to put it up. :) Maybe they saw it at a roadside store and couldn't resist it. :) Oh well.

Christina said...

They are in their 30s. I don't think their grandkids gave it to them! Ha -- oh well. It is REALLY funny!

emily said...

Hellarious!!!! Made me laugh!

Lois said...

We are looking for just these signs. We are "dog" people. We are just not fond of picking up other people's dog poop. We live on a corner and there are some people who see nothing wrong with letting their dog use the potty in our yard. Ask my son how he feels having to pick it up before he mows. It is not fertilizer.