Thursday, January 24, 2008

Finished Projects

You've seen bits and pieces of these sweaters before but I thought you all would enjoy a glimpse of the end results.




Pattern: My Own

but I think I would like to name it "Northern Lights"



Yarn: Berroco Ultra Alpaca & Classic Elite Inca Print (Alpaca)



I really enjoyed knitting this stranded sweater. It is warm and cozy. I decided I preferred the stranding method over the weaving method -- perhaps I've already said that. I think weaving is grand for mittens, etc. But for a sweater where the color is more of a work of art I don't like the bits of color that most always show through on areas they are not supposed to show through on. Stranding works perfectly when the garment is knitted inside out -- just remember that for future reference! =)




Pattern: My Own

Yarn: Plymouth Peruvian Alpaca (I think it is discontinued now)

I love wearing this sweater because it is so soft and comfortable. I designed it from the top down in a continuous yoke style. I am already dreaming about making another one because it was so much fun.

1 comment:

Heather L. said...

Love the sweaters!!!! Should I be considering knitting socks???? They seem the rage.