Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Spinning Up A Storm



Now that Christmas has past and regular life has commenced again, I have been spending any spare moment I have spinning.


For some odd reason I am finding myself moving to a "natural" fiber kick. I am dying to get my hands on some gently processed wool -- preferably Shetland wool. My hands are falling to pieces in this harsh, cold winter weather. I know all I need is to spend some time spinning some wool with some lanolin in it.
Any sources anyone?


4 comments:

Heather L. said...

so is that the color of the lama?

landgirl said...

I bought some Shetland wool in Chicago of all places, but the only wool that I have had my hands on lately that still had a bit of lanolin was old wool that I picked up in a charity shop here.

I have some alpaca I want to spin with a drop spindle but it has been a long time since I tried it so I think it will have to wait for a day when I have more courage and more time--the two usually go hand in hand.

Mrs J said...

Thank you for you kind comment on my blog. Your spinning looks awesome - I have only had a few goes with a drop spindle & a quick 'go' on a wheel!

Cecil & Judy said...

Christine, your blogspot is just great. I so enjoyed reading about all your knitting (and drinking coffee).... I loved your knitting in public!! Your Mom gave me your blogspot and Heathers and you girls are both just fascinating...love your pictures as well. blessings, Judy Tucker