Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Greencastle Fiber Event



Yesterday my mom and I went to the Greencastle Fiber Event! What a blast! It was a feast for the eyes and the imagination! We kept walking around saying, "Wow, wow! Look at that!"

I thought I would treat you all to a few pictures from the event, just in case you couldn't make it.


This was a beautiful booth by Knitting Notions. The owner dyes all of her yarn. Her husband makes wonderful wooden table swifts and sock needles keepers (more on that later). Her daughter makes simply stunning wooden shawl pins. I was really impressed with the owner's sense of color. She is an artist with her dyes.




More Knitting Notions' yarn.

A beautiful shawl with Knitting Notions' Yarn.




This was an imaginative chair made with felted roving! I couldn't believe it! It should be in a museum -- it was definitely a work of art.





There were all sorts of spinning wheels at the show. I was really impressed with this American made, beautifully crafted spinning wheels. I loved the attention to the past with the details of comfort and style this man put into his wheels when he designed them. Unfortunately, I was too amazed by the wheels to get his card or his name. Opps...




Have any of you ever read this new book? I don't know if I'm interested in it yet. The main theme that the author (sitting behind the desk) stressed was that it was "steamy." My mom and I thought that was hilarious.


This book is supposed to be about a couple who own a shop. They get recruited to help solve a local murder and along the way there is some "steam" created. I thought, "There are enough funny stories and sad stories in any local knitting shop. You don't need "steamy" or murder to make a knitting shop book interesting."

I think I'll stick with my good old Agatha Christies' for awhile. I guess I'm just not drawn in by the "steam." I mean, get real; there is enough drama in a local yarn shop without the "steam" and murder. Maybe someday I'll take the plunge, but not yet.



These were some adorable felted birds by "Created from the Heart." She is a local felting artist from Greenwood, Indiana. She does a fabulous job!

Ah, yes, beautiful yarn. Don't you just love it?


And more beautiful yarn just waiting to be worked up into something warm and cozy



I loved this picture. The fiber just seemed to be calling out, "Come play with me." There were so many colors. It was beautiful.


I got a kick out of the Angora bunnies. The dyed angora fiber is above and the fuzzy little darling is below. What a look!


I'll have to post my purchases another day. I didn't buy too much because I didn't want to get carried away. But I did find what I was looking for....

2 comments:

Heather L. said...

Wow! Looks like fun! Glad you got to go! :)

Anonymous said...

Those are Jensen spinning wheels from Carl's Wood Shop. www.colinadelcarl.com
The book the guy is hawking is terrible. The murder is supposedly committed by stabbing someone to death with size 17 Addi circular needles. If you know anything about knitting, you'll know that you can't stab anyone with them.