Saturday, May 31, 2008

Socks in a Thunder Storm

Well, did you make it through the storm last night (those of you in Indiana)? I tell you it was a bit of a hairy night.

JK and I were quite happily arranged with our reading (and knitting for me) when all of a sudden the storm struck.

I dashed outside to save all of my lovely flower pots -- there were reports of 1.5 inch hail and I didn't want to loose them.

After that we high tailed it down to the TV room in the basement where we made fun of the TV crews who were talking about their "Dopler 2000" or their "Viper Clearview" radar systems and how accurate they were.

We had to stay in the basement for several hours. Each time we came up we found that the trees were bent over and the rain was hurling buckets of water against the windows.

I was quite content to knit away for .... I had purchased some Nature Spun on Thursday from Stitches & Scones. Friday morning I prepared wool into skeins and stuck them in my crock pot in the section of the garage that is fast becoming my "dye studio." So, I had some lovely variegated sock yarn to work with last night.

I tell you, being able to dye your own yarn opens up so many possibilities. It's unbelievable!

But, just so you all don't get jealous.... I have some sock yarn in the dye pot right now. I think there might be a bloggie give away coming up in the near future... so stay tuned...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how lucky you are to have a basement. I live in Indiana & spent the evening/night in the bathroom hunkered down with my dog & kitty. I didn't think to knit but I did read my Stephanie Pearl-McPhee book (Things I Learned from Knitting). :) Luckily I didn't have any damage. I hope the same was with you.