Friday, May 16, 2008

Swallowtail Shawl

So what piece of knitting got me through the last two weeks? Believe it or not it was the Swallowtail Shawl from Interweave Knits Fall 2006.






I have working on sweaters and cables so I thought a good diversion would be the popular Swallowtail Shawl.
I used two skeins of Classy Happy Forest by Dream In Color. I have been wanting to work with this yarn just to see what it was like. It did not disappoint me. Classy is a soft, superwash wool that is just thriving with color. It blocked well and did not bleed at all (unlike some yarn which I'll warn you about a little later).

I really enjoyed working with the color, "Happy Forest", during this time of the year. The new spring leaves were reflected in the colors of the yarn. I loved it!


If you have been wanting to make a lace shawl this is a fabulous one to make. The pattern is very clear and easy to read, just take it one step at a time.

In fact, I think this pattern is addictive. I'm already planning on trying to make one out of a single skein of Dream In Color sock yarn. Hmm.... anybody want a shawl for Christmas?

Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

Heather L. said...

Very beautiful! It came out so nicely! Is this the kind of pattern my white yarn would work for?