Monday, June 16, 2008

Knit In Public Day

As most of you know, Saturday, June 14 was Knit In Public Day. I am sure it sounds odd to those of you who are not knitting enthusiasts. But it is a great day to get out, enjoy summer and introduce others to the wonders of the fiber arts.




My knit in public day started early. After my sister and I went to the Zionsville Farmers Market we stopped at the Eagle Creek Coffee Co. for a cup of coffee and of course, a good knit.






After my dye class I headed over to Hadley Park in downtown Westfield and met up with a bunch of other knitters. It was wonderful! We had to split up into various groups to make the most of the shade but once we were in the shade it was quite lovely.





One of the things I love about knitting with other knitters is learning about the things they are knitting! It is so much fun! Nancy was making helmet liners for marines in Afghanistan. Apparently the marines would like 1100 of them -- ha! Everybody get knitting!







We were even joined by two lambs soaking up the sun!

2 comments:

Laura said...

really enjoyed the photos of the public knitting... what fun... , and also the dying class... wish I could knit the helmet liner... what is so super!!!

lvoe ya
mom

MacCárthaigh Family said...

I just love this idea! I can't imagine it ever being so hot that we had to sit in the shade over here in Ireland!!!