Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Scenes of Summer

Summer has arrived. Even though we have had a welcomed break from the oppressive heat lately, summer is here. The black raspberries are ripening along the back walking path. Every morning when I walk Bobby there are a few tempting morsels to pick and eat.

Most of the berries, however, are in a big patch of poison ivy. I have to reach over very carefully to pluck the wild berries.

My mom posted some lovely scenes of her garden a while back. While mine are mainly "potted gardens" I thought I would show you all that I have rested my needles long enough to plant a few flowers.

My herb garden right outside my kitchen door. The basil has already spiced many of our dinners lately. There is nothing like fresh basil. I never plant enough.






The hanging pots in my sun room are doing quite well. They add a touch of luxury to that room.


I have planted a few vegetables in pots along the side of the house. Tomatoes, green peppers, and yellow summer squash.

My pots along the veranda are doing well. Although half of the geraniums seem to be short ones.

3 comments:

Heather L. said...

Everything is so beautiful!!! Can't wait to see how the veggies do. I really love your hanging baskets in the sunroom!

Heather L. said...

I like the blackrasberrys.

Just yesterday we got three containers of them.

well 2 1/2.

mommy thinks we got 7 or 8 cups

enough for some jam mmm.

love rachel

Heather L. said...

I like the blackrasberrys.

Just yesterday we got three containers of them.

well 2 1/2.

mommy thinks we got 7 or 8 cups

enough for some jam mmm.

love rachel