Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Clara Dress


You know how there are some times when you just have to have something? You see it and you just have to have it?
When I saw the Soakwash ad at the TNNA I knew I HAD to have the pattern for the Clara Dress. Isn't it beautiful?
It is for a baby but that doesn't matter. I can't wait to knit it. Today I finally tracked down the distributor and gave them a call. Thank goodness, they sell to individuals as well as stores. I was so happy.
After a nice little chat with the man on the other end of the phone I ordered my Clara Dress. I guess they don't carry yellow yarn. That was a PhotoShop color! Ha! So, I ordered a light celery green.
I can't wait for my package to arrive. And no, this little dress is not going to be a baby gift to someone. I'm a bit selfish. It is going in my "hope chest." You can have a hope chest for babies too, can't you?
Happy Knitting!

9 comments:

Heather L. said...

Very adorable! Just perfect!

dawn said...

I feel the same way! I have a little 3 month old and all I could think of when I saw that dress was making it for her. Would you mind sharing the name of the company?

Soak Wash Inc said...

Hi,
Jacqueline here, from Soak.
Is that the photo from our Soak worthy ad? Glad you like it. -j

Soak Wash Inc said...

Hi,
Jacqueline here, from Soak.
Glad you like it. -j

christine said...

Yes, it is adorable. I spotted it yesterday in Simple Knits Fall 2008. I contacted Soak Wash and had a quick and helpful reply from them. I'm now in touch with Tutto, asking if they are prepared to send me a kit to England. Fingers crossed they will!

McKeehan's said...

I agree, it is the most beautiful pattern I have ever seen and I can't wait to make it either. Do you mind sharing the distributer contact info? I couldn't find it on the site.

Thanks,
Shanda, A fellow knitting fiend

Sarah said...

Hi Knitters! I'm almost finished with this beautiful Clara dress. It's been a challenge, but the result is simply beautiful. I think it would also work with baby weight wool. This is a keeper. I used the off-white Isager and it has a beautiful antique look.

Christina said...

Sarah --
Congratulations on finishing the Clara Dress! It is a beautiful pattern.

Christina said...

Shanda -- I'm sorry I didn't see your comment earlier.

You can purchase the yarn and the pattern from TUTTO Yarn Santafe. They are the only ones I have found, at the moment, that carry both yarn & pattern. I ordered mine from them. They were very helpful.
Happy Knitting!
http://www.tuttosantafe.com/