Friday, July 18, 2008

The Clearance Sale

Yesterday I arrived at Stitches & Scones and found the shop a buzz with Molli's stash. She's cleaning it out and sending it to clearance! Yes! We get to buy it.


There are some unusual yarns from Japan, New Zealand, Australia etc. There are even some rare discontinued yarns. I picked up some light purple Jo Sharp Long Fibre (not pictured here) and two balls of a Japanese yarn that eventually became Diakeito (I think).


I fell in love with the ribbons of color dancing through this yarn. I am in the process of making a cowl out of each skein. Since I am chronically cold, I thought these cowls might help out a bit -- if you keep your neck warm you often feel warmer all over.


I will show you the end result when it's done. In the meantime, head over to Stitches & Scones and see what you can find -- there are some beautiful things in the clearance section now!

Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

Heather L. said...

Somehow the colors make me think of birthday cake! Maybe you should call it that. :)