Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Cowls

My sister in law is headed over to Lithuania next month to spend a semester abroad. The school officials have warned her to bring warm clothing -- very warm clothing.


In light of the fact that she will spend her birthday over there by herself I am busy trying to knit an early birthday present for her. (I don't think she reads my blog so I think it is safe to post. And yeah, I wish I could stowaway in her bag just to go yarn shopping over there.)

The first item is this cowl from Knit On the Net, Issue 4. I did modify the cowl pattern a little. They have you knit in the round for three rows of the horseshoe pattern, and knit the front of the cowl longer than the back. I thought that looked a little odd so I just continued on the ribbed lace all the way around. I like the results.


I will be making her the matching hat in the cowl pattern as well as coming up with some matching fingerless gloves! I'll have to post pictures of those when I finish them.

The cowl pattern was a definite do-again pattern. I think many of my "one-skein wonders" will be turned into cowls this fall. They are quick, easy, a must for a cold person like me! Besides, Tonia said they are in this year!

1 comment:

MacCárthaigh Family said...

I think it turned out very well, would like to see the hat and gloves! Got link to your blog from your sisters.
God bless,
Ruth