Monday, July 28, 2008

Flat Feet


I saw Flat Feet by Conjoined Creations earlier in the year online and couldn't wait to try it. At last we have it in at the Shop (it was back ordered for a while because it was so popular).

The Shop sold out of Flat Feet the week it came it. It is wonderful stuff. The yarn reminds me of Koigu. The colors are amazing -- each flat is different. You will never have a pair of socks or garment that matches your friend.

So what is it? Well, Flat Feet is sock yarn knitted into two flats and then hand painted. They paint them in so many different ways none of them are alike.

How does it work? You start at one end and begin to unravel the flat as you knit your sock or garment. When you stop and put the article back in your knitting bag, you just roll it up. It's wonderful.


When I purchased my flat I thought, "Of course I'm going to make socks with it." But as I have looked at it at home and felt it and just gazed at it, I'm not so sure. The camera does not do it justice. It's a very interesting color and texture. I still haven't decided what to make with it. The possibilities are endless!

Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

MacCárthaigh Family said...

So you just rip some of it out and knit?? Never heard of that before, it's a good idea though. The Clara dress is lovely.

My son and I (mostly me!) are trying to make as many gifts for people this year as we can, instead of buying gifts. I would like to be able to knit a small baby cardigan. Have you any ideas for a simple one? I have never followed a pattern before..
Ruth