Monday, August 4, 2008

The Clara Dress II

The Clara Dress has arrived. I am terrifically excited. I tried to cast on, on Friday afternoon only to realize I didn't have any 16", #2 circular needles. Oh, the disappointment. A quick stop at Stitches & Scones on Saturday afternoon fixed that and on Sunday I had it on m needles.


The yarn is divine -- really, I LOVE it. I love soft yarns that have some body to them and are not limp. So often mills sacrifice the body of the yarn for softness. But this yarn is perfect. It is a blend of alpaca and wool and is the best blend I have ever laid my hands on. Now, I have only knitted with the Isager 2 so I can't speak for the rest of the line... but this stuff is simply divine.

Several people have asked where I purchased the pattern and yarn. It is a bit hard to track down isn't it?

I purchased mine from the lovely people at Tutto . They were extremely helpful and sent the box off with haste. As I mentioned before there is no yellow. However, I was quite happy with the Celery color. There are so many colors to choose from, anyways, so it really doesn't matter too much!

Happy Knitting everyone!

No comments: