Saturday, August 23, 2008

Raspberries

On Tuesday I put down my knitting and pattern drafting for the whole day. Can you believe it? The reason for this interlude was --


.... this luscious fruit. The glorious raspberry. I joined my older sister, her kids and my younger sister for a day in the raspberry fields.

It was wonderful! There is nothing like the taste of a raspberry, juicy and warm from the sun.


All the kids helped. Rachel was industrious, just like her mother. Andrew was so diligent and helpful. James was a sweetie pie and told me stories as we picked. He also made us all smile by wearing his "sunglasses." Little David tottered between all of us begging for "pick berry" or "berry there" (both meant, "please, put a berry in my bucket for me to eat."


Here is Heather picking berries. She is very serious about her berry picking. She was also the fastest berry picker of us all.

By the end of the day little David figured out how to get his own berries. However, we had to keep reminding him to pick the red ones. He made some interesting faces when he ate the green ones!

2 comments:

Heather L. said...

Adorable picture of david! i guess that picture of me does look pretty serious. :)

MacCárthaigh Family said...

Looks like you guys had a good day. Really like the Lizzy Hat!