Friday, August 29, 2008

Sweet Feet

We have had several little babies born in our church within the last month. I couldn't imagine knitting four or five little sweaters for them -- I'm fast, but not that fast. Instead I made some cute little socks for them. I loved making them. They are so fast and fun to make.

Pattern: Wendy Johnson's Generic Top-up Sock Pattern.
I modified this pattern to fit a baby by casting on 15 stitches, working the short-row toe and picking up 15 stitches on the other side of the short row for a total of 30 stitches.
After the short-row toe I worked 16 rows before I worked the short-row heel.
I made the cuff as long as I wanted to.
Yarn: Shibui Semi Solids
I made three pairs of socks out of one skein
Needles: Clover #1, 5"
I realized I MUCH prefer Clover sock needles over the Brittany sock needles.
I have yet to try the Harmony sock needles -- but I have only heard good things about them.

No comments: