Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Dye Day

There is so much to blog about, and as usual, not enough time to blog. But I do want to share a few pictures of this past Saturday.

Lin and I marked out a "Dye Day" on our calendars way back in July. Lin busied herself by spinning up a bunch of Shetland roving to dye and I... well, I was lazy and just bought two skeins of sock yarn to dye.
Lin wanted to dye her yarn the color of denim jeans. We mixed some blue and black together and tested it until we came up with what we thought was the correct color. When it came out of the pot we were happy, it was the correct color!

While we waited for the Shetland to "cook" we dyed some sock yarn. Above is Lin's sock yarn and below is mine.
Now, all I want to do is wind it up and knit it! Ugh... I have to wait. I have a pair of socks on my needles, besides several sweaters and secret projects!

But, it is something to look forward too. Perhaps around Christmas time I'll cast on a sock with my new sock yarn!

Happy Knitting Everyone!

2 comments:

Heather L. said...

Looks like fun!

Ruth MacC said...

Knitting secreat things???!!! You would never guess Christmas is around the corner!

I am still knitting my squares for a quilt. I put them all on my bed yesterday and was surprised at how many I have. I should be finished soo.

RTuth