Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fetching In Rowan Felted Tweed

Last year I made myself a pair of Fetching fingerless gloves with a yarn close to the suggested yarn -- soft and round, good for cable definition.

Well, I didn't think the yarn was warm enough or wore well. Soo... the tattered pair is in the bottom of my hat basket and I made a new pair out of Rowan Felted Tweed. Oh, my. I love the results. NOTE: I used it double stranded.

The mitts are warm & sturdy, yet soft. They are perfect for a fall afternoon walk...like a stroll to Starbucks. Maybe I need to take a stroll this afternoon!

Happy Knitting!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember when you bought this yarn! That was a week ago. You're so fast! They're beautiful.
-Cait

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness!!! Those are SO CUTE. I have questions now! :) 1) As someone who has only knitted the basic stitch (and never followed a pattern in MY life. never even finished a project actually) is this a fairly easy one? 2) Do you have to order the felted tweed online or can you get it in a store?

Anxiously awaiting your reply,
In Love with the Gloves

Ruth MacC said...

Great to look at and great colour:)

Christina said...

Dear In Love with the Gloves,
While "Fetching" is an easy pattern, it does require the knowledge of the purl stitch and how to work a simple cable. Once those two things are mastered, it is a fairly simple pattern.
I believe you can get Felted Tweed by Rowan online. However, I purchased mine at my LYS, Stitches & Scones.
Good Luck and Happy Knitting!

Michelle B. said...

Love them! I actually bought the same yarn you first used for my Fetching gloves. They looked nice but I agree with you that they don't wear very well. Now I'm going to have to make more with the Felted Tweed. You doubled the yarn....any other tips?

Michelle Barnett