Wednesday, January 28, 2009

On Camera

Yesterday I had a film crew from Fuseworks Studios at my house, filming me as I demonstrated various knitting techniques. They were contracted by Wiley Publishing to make some knitting videos to correspond with "Knitting For Dummies."

Joyce, the production manager from Wiley came for the day. She was a great help and a fellow knitter.

Often we had to rewrite the script. This is one such moment ...

Meanwhile, James, the actual camera man, would have to standby and wait...

All in all it was a fun day. We watched the snow come down relentlessly as we worked. James popped out in the afternoon to get us all coffees at Starbucks and said it was a miracle he made it back without spilling the coffee.

It took ten hours to get through all of the material but we did it! Hooray! I'll post the link to the video when it is done.

Happy Knitting & stay warm!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Whooooh! We'll be your fan club! That's really cool though. I know a person who's written two dummies books, and my brother has written many covers for them (yes, there are book cover writers) - but I've never known anyone who filmed for one! neato.

(hmm this may go in twice - having commenting issues)

Ruth MacC said...

Well done! Isn't it exciting? We had a camera man over to out house and took photos of us having our breakfast!!!

Amy K said...

That's awesome Christina! You'll be famous! :)

Karen Winslow said...

Hi Chrissy! This is so exciting!! <3