Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Lamb's Lace

I recently finished a spring sweater for myself. I've decided to call it "Lamb's Lace." The lace pattern on the top of the sweater reminds me of Lamb's Ear -- the plant. The wool is soft and downy -- kind of like a lamb's soft fleece.

It's a new design for my collection. But unfortunately, the pattern will not be out for months. So, hold onto your hats and cast on another project while you wait. If you would like to be notified when the pattern is completed down the road, feel free to leave a comment -- I will not publish those.
This delightful little sweater is knitted, again, from the top down. I don't think I will ever tire of designing top-down sweaters. I love the fact that there are no seams to sew up when you're done. I'm always impatient to wear my finished project.

I am particularily pleased by the lace raglan increases -- aren't they nice? The charting on this sweater is going to be a bit tricky but I think it will lead to a very simple pattern.

One simple button closes the sweater. Love that -- like I said, I hate sewing. One button is enough for me! =)

Happy Knitting!

3 comments:

Sit-N-Chat said...

I love to see your work. I have never knitted. My Aunt was a knitter and it always looked interesting. I don't know if I could manage it now due to some arthritis in hand.
Beautiful sweater.

Jennifer

Heather L. said...

Really nice!!!! Do I have enough pink yarn for that?

JanetK said...

I really like your lamb's lace sweater. If you get a chance to write up and produce the pattern, could you please let me know? I know you are a "little" busy right now.

Thanks,
Janet