Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Peter Rabbit Sweater

Yesterday I had a visit with my new OB/GYN -- yes, I switched. For some reason I wasn't comfortable with the first OB. I really like this new practice and now am so much happier.

After they checked me out and went over a million things that scare you half to death, JK and I got to hear the baby's heartbeat again! I just love that little swishing sound.

That little heartbeat makes me want to start knitting for him or her. I was going to wait to knit in earnest for the baby once I knew whether it was a boy or a girl. Yes, I know it is controversial to find out. But I would really like to knit in the appropriate colors and styles for this little one.

But, since I don't know yet, and I really want to get started, I bought some off white washable wool and the cutest bunny buttons. I have a cabled cardigan invisioned...

3 comments:

Beth said...

Hi! I just bought your baby cabled vest pattern from Stitches and Scones today - I can't wait to try it out. Congratulations on your first baby! We're going to have our first boy (second baby) in about 5 weeks or so, and I can't wait to see him in the vest - I'm going to try it in blue sky organic cotton :)

Oh I'm Regs78 on Ravelry

Brit Knits said...

Those buttons are adorable! Congratulations on finding out the sex of your baby, it is nice to know in advance.

Carla said...

How adorable! Your baby is going to be so warm and well dressed! Are matching sweaters too passe?? Love those bunny buttons!