Thursday, May 7, 2009

I'm a...

I'm in heaven! I am so excited I haven't been able to think straight since I saw my little boy late Tuesday afternoon.

I'm sure someday my little John Winslow Wall will die in shame when he realizes I posted his "I'm a boy" picture on my blog -- but right now I don't care! I'm so excited!

Here is my little John Winslow all curled up with his knees bent and his little hands in the middle. My favorite ultrasound clip is of him sucking his thumb. I used to suck my thumb all the time when I was little.

Right now he is 1 lb, 3 oz. His little foot is 1.5" inches long and everything checked out as healthy and normal.

I'm in bliss. Now, as soon as I get all the May design deadlines (I have three of them) knitted and completed, I will start designing for John Winslow. I think a cute little cabled vest is in order -- his Aunt Bethany's wedding is six weeks from his due date and he needs to look dashing for the day.

Note about his name: It is tradition in the Wall family to name the first born boy John and for the middle name to be the mother's maiden name. Thus, John Winslow. If you have ever wondered what JK's initials stand for, it is : John Kelly. I was asked if I would carry on this tradition right after I was engaged to JK. Of course I said yes. Anything to marry the greatest guy in the world!

7 comments:

Lolly said...

so so sweet! congratulations!! :D
my sister is pregnant and we are all eagerly awaiting the appointment soon when she finds out the sex... should be next week!

Congrats again!

Shannon said...

How exciting, Christina!!! A baby boy! YAY!

Jennifer and Steve said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful naming tradition. I love that your maiden name is included. jennifer

Heather L. said...

Yay!!! We are so excited!!!!

Amy K said...

So happy for you! I can't wait to see all the handsome things you make for little JWW.

Ruth MacC said...

Ahhh, your husband (and son) deserve you!

Megan said...

I'm so excited for you, Christina! This is so wonderful and I can't wait to meet your baby boy!