Thursday, June 4, 2009

Absolutely Fried

I don't know if it is because I am entering the third trimester of my pregnancy or because I have been so busy lately, but I am absolutely fried -- tired, exhausted, out of energy....

So, a few days ago I set up my office outside. I made a tray of tea, used my favorite tea cup, and sat on the back deck. It was blissful! I felt like I was on vacation, although, in reality I was getting work done.

In fact, I got so much done, I mapped out several baby items I am designing for Baby John. Don't worry, you all will be able to get your hands on these delightful little knitting patterns. I am planning on putting the collection of baby patterns together and publishing them as a little booklet. I think you'll enjoy them.


So, the moral of the story -- if you're exhausted and need a bit of a rest, indulge yourself and take the time to rest. You'll be so much more productive and so much happier!

PS - there is a story behind this tea cup. When I was 5 or 6 and had experienced a terrible day and was terribly down and out, my mother would pull out a blue willow cup just like this and another one that was a quarter of its size and make tea. My older sister and I and my mom would all sit down and have tea. For some reason having a cup of tea had a calming and inspiring affect on me.

Last Christmas my mom found a cup exactly like her grown up blue willow tea cup and gave it to me. It's my go-to cup when I need a bit of cheering up.

2 comments:

Heather L. said...

Maybe I'll try that anecdote today. :)

Jess said...

Hey!! I totally know what you mean about being tired! The blissful trimester unfortunately is ending....and the last one is here! Can you believe we're already 2/3 of the way there!!