Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Knitting In Boulder, CO

So, to continue with the Boulder, CO adventure.... here is the knitting side of the expedition.

JK and I were staying with JK's college buddy, still a bachelor and a hiking fanatic. I love to hike and walk but on the second day, being 6 months pregnant and still adjusting to the altitude, I was tired.

So I took the day off from hiking and walked around Boulder. It is a charming little town -- I adored Pearl Street -- who wouldn't? Unfortunately the knitting shop (Gypsy Wools) within walking distance to Pearl Street was closed. I was soooooo disappointed.

In the middle of my shopping spree it began to rain. I ducked into a coffee shop and spent the afternoon knitting and reading a really neat fashion article in the recent Atlantic Monthly.


The boys came back, eventually, from their hike and picked me up. When they heard about my Gypsy Wools misadventure they took pity on my and dropped me off at Shuttles, Spindles & Skeins -- I had 15 minutes to look around before it closed!

Can you believe it? 15 minutes? I nearly died, but I was thankful they had taken me there in the first place.

I found some sock yarn from Pagewood Farm that I had never seen before. This picture does not do it justice, there is a tinge of purple in the orange -- quite lovely. It is hand dyed in CA -- not from CO, unfortunately, but it would have to do in this circumstance.

On another note, I saw this bag while walking around Boulder the first morning we were there. I just adore it and am planning on making one for myself. It is a basket bag, embroidered in wool. Absolutely a stunner!

Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

Heather L. said...

Yes, very cool bag.