Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Saturday Morning at the TNNA

Saturday morning at the TNNA is usually characterized by waking up early, getting ready in a rush and heading out the door to find some sort of breakfast before you arrive at your 8 AM class. It's always a bit of a rush.

This time it was no different. Lin and I got up around 6:30 and were out the door by 7:15 to scrounge around for breakfast. For most people eating out is no problem. But for me, it's another story (I can't eat gluten).

We managed to find some yogurt and coffee at Einstein bagels. It just happened to be "THE" place to bump into people. Sally Melville was just passed us in line, coffee in hand. She stopped Lin and commented on her sweater (It was a Sally Melville sweater). I admit -- it's fun to bump into "Knitting Celebrities."





The class I took was on hand dying sock yarn. It was a ton of fun and well executed. I was inspired by our teacher's sense of color (the first picture) and amused by some of my fellow students' sense of color (below).



All in all it was a wonderful class.
As the last of the yarn I dyed steamed away I hurried off to the bathroom for a quick change. There was no way I would be caught dead wearing my grubbies to the TNNA Market.



No comments: