Wednesday, June 17, 2009

TNNA Market

The grand exibition of the TNNA is, "The Market." Vendors go all out decorating their booths and showing their wares. Unfortunately, I found out that you are not supposed to take pictures, except of people. So the above photo was the only picture I have of beautiful knitted things from "The Market."
Not allowed to take pictures of the garments, I asked Nicki Epstein -- there to sign her newest book, "Knitting in Tuscany" -- to pose for me. Isn't she adorable? And isn't her scarf stunning? It's in her newest book!

My sister and I love to read Susan B. Anderson's blog so I couldn't wait to meet her in person. She was signing copies of her book and sharing tidbits of her new book, "Itty Bitty Toys" which is going to be released soon.



Last but not least I stopped by Alpaca With A Twist and saw my designs on display. I must admit that was an amazing moment. I had not one but three designs at the TNNA. I still don't think I'm walking on the ground yet.






Around 5: 15 I could no longer stand up. My feet hurt, my legs hurt and I was exhausted. So I said my goodbyes to Lin and Holly and the wonderful "Market" and headed out. My dear husband was waiting in the car to drive me home. Oh, I was so happy to sit down! Another TNNA passes.






2 comments:

Margaret said...

That green dress is beautiful!

Ruth MacC said...

I like the scarf Nicki is wearing. How are you feeling? Hope everything is going well for you.


I have something to ask you about...


I can't continue to teach my son after the age of 13. He will have to go to secondary school. He has been accepted into the one that we really wanted him to attend, I am very glad to say. I am thinking of having a party for him just before his 13th birthday in 2011 to mark the end of his learning at home, his journey into being a teenager and the start of his regular school life. Have you any ideas? What do people usually do in the US?

Would be grateful for any ideas or advice you can give.

Thanks

Ruth