Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Pearl Street Scarf

I'm sure you all are wondering if I'm working on any new patterns for adults! Yes, I am. Here is one that is about to be finished.

The Pearl Street Scarf is a lace scarf knit sideways. I got the idea for it when I was out in Boulder, Co walking up and down Pearl Street window shopping. At that time, everyone was wearing a cloth scarf around their neck -- even some of the young men.

I was tempted to buy a scarf just to fit in. But then I realized, no, I needed to knit one! So here we are!

This is a fun knit that uses sock yarn and US #6 needles. I found it almost mindless and am eager to cast on another. For some reason mindless knitting is appealing to me right now....

It will be out soon... stay tuned!

2 comments:

Heather L. said...

Maybe this will be my next project -- now that I'm addicted to lace shawls.

Brownie Knits said...

So pretty!