Saturday, August 15, 2009

Works in Progress

I've never been one to have a ton of projects on my needles. However, currently I seem to be having a brain malfunction. My mind is constantly coming up with new designs and projects I must cast on and start. But then my body gets tired and sleepy around 2 pm and starts to shut down no matter what I do.... it's the baby, I know. But he's worth it.

So here are 4 of the 6 projects I am currently working on. I have stacks of skeins around my desk of projects I want to start but I'm determined to finish a few of these first.

Above -- I finally succumbed to all the Ishbel chatter and cast one on my needles! Oh, my -- it is balm for my weary brain right now. It is soo easy and fun. This particular one is a gift, but I may just have to cast on another one for me -- it really fits my current knitting mood. Thank you, Ysolda, for such a lovely pattern!
Next up is another little sweater for Baby John. I decided I wasn't enjoying the mini mochi socks I was knitting so I unraveled one and started this little sweater for Baby John. I think it is going to be a fun, whimsical little sweater.

Then there is a shawl with some simply yummy merino that I dyed myself. The feel of this yarn (and wouldn't you know it, but I lost the label) is simply scrumptous and addictive. I want to knit on this project ALL THE TIME but I'm trying to finish the gift shawl first. The pattern is my new Pearl Street Scarf pattern -- which is another fun knit.

And last but not least is the new vesion of the cozy cable jacket knitted out of Bartlett Yarns. I'm eager for autumn morning walks when I can cozy up in this jacket...

No comments: