Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Grief


June 2009


I'm so sorry I've been rather absent from my blog. It's been a rather hard week this past week and blogging about it seemed to make things "realer" than I wanted them to be. My mom's brother, Uncle Bill, died September 5th quite suddenly. I still don't think I can write about all the wonderful memories Uncle Bill gave us, not only this past year as he spent time with us in Indy, but also growing up - at least not yet. He was the best Uncle. However, Heather, wrote a little bit here - that will have to suffice for now. I'll be back blogging soon... I promise. Perhaps tomorrow.

6 comments:

Megan said...

I was so sorry to hear about your loss. Truly, truly sorry. He always sounded like the greatest Uncle in the world. I've been thinking about your family and just praying for you all. Love you!!!

Silvia M. said...

You don't know me but I'm a big fan of you work that I found through Stitches & Scones. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss and sadness.

Em said...

Love you!!! We had such a fun time with uncle bill this year! Remember the Grand Prix?? We'll have to watch it again next year. :) I think I eat the best food ever when he was in town. Thanks for posting...the pictures are so nice! Love you

Outside My Comfort Zone said...

He truly was one of the BEST uncles I have ever met. I was very saddened to see Emily's comment on Facebook and then confirm on Heather's blog what I thought she might be referring to. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Carol said...

You don't know me, but I am a friend of Gina Kanouse's at SnS. (Used to live in Carmel, now live in Cincinnati.) I love your patterns (am knitting the Bramblewood in purple Highlander right now) and blog and I wanted to tell you how sorry I am about your uncle's passing.

Amy K said...

Christina, I'm truly sorry about your loss.