Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My Orange Project

I realized that every autumn for the past three years I have cast on an orange project at some point during the autumn. I know the vivid orange leaves must stir up some innate "orange desire," within me because I have no other way of explaining it.

Three years ago there was a horrid orange vest that end up being felted to use for kids projects. Two years ago there was another orange mess that didn't make it to the "finished" section of my studio. One year ago there was beautiful alpaca/merino roving that got spun up and then knitted up into my Cozy Cable Jacket. Somehow I am missing that sweater. I have not been able to find it in my sweater bin. And then this year there is this new design on my needles.

I am really enjoying it. The design is, again, top down. I just love seamless construction. The design starts out with a k1, p1 stitch and then flows into a ....... well, you'll just have to stay tuned for the finished object and the pattern.

But it's going to be fun! I can promise that!

1 comment:

Silvia M. said...

Oh goody! I'm having orange cravings too. :-)