Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Wedding Flowers

My two sisters, my mom and I each have our separate and distinct creative crafts. The one creative thing that we do together is wedding flowers. My mom originally taught us how to do them and now when we are asked to do flowers, we each have our little jobs that we do to pull off the big event.

This Saturday my sister-in-law is getting married and we are doing the flowers. To do flowers properly there is a lot of prep involved. Usually I don't get ready until the evening before. But now that I have a 7-week-old baby I decided to prepare two days in advance to actually receiving the flowers -- I just knew I'd be extra slow.

The sun room was cleared out this morning by my mom. I laid down the tarps and sorted out the glue guns, corsage pins, floral tape, wire, wire cutters and all the paraphernalia that goes along with floral arranging.

I even got out the buckets in preparation for Thursday afternoon when we will strip and prep the flowers before we start.

I got the "to-do" list retyped and hung. There can be some dizzy moments in the floral prep where you just don't know which end is up. So it always helps to have the "to-dos" up at easy access.
The one nice thing about using the sun porch for the floral arranging is some of the sun room flowers were moved to the kitchen nook. Now we have some beauty indoors too!

I'll give you all some picture updates of how the flowers are going on Thursday & Friday.

Next week I'll update you all on my knitting! I've been having fun!

3 comments:

Jess said...

Wish we could be there for the wedding. I'm sure you guys will do an amazing job with the flowers! How's baby John doing? Can't wait to meet him!

Flowers said...

You seems to be a great lover of garden art. like the way of using sun porch for the floral arrangement. It was nice going through your blog. cheers :)

Toronto Florist said...

Good luck with arranging the flowers for your wedding. I like the colors your picked. Congratulations!