Monday, November 23, 2009

Feeling Festive

It's Thanksgiving week! I can't believe the holiday has arrived already. For some reason I feel like I am on vacation all week although JK and I are not "vacating". I suppose that vacation feeling has something to do with the fact that there is a festive feeling in the air.

Saturday JK watched Baby John for five hours while I went and did the food shopping, some Christmas shopping and some badly needed clothes shopping for myself. I think the opportunity to get out by myself added to the feeling of being on vacation!

I have some pretty big goals for myself this week. I would like to finish a really neat sweater design this week -- I'm one sleeve away from being done. I would like to wear it to Thanksgiving dinner... we'll see.

This week I really need to start on Christmas present knitting. I know... I'm really late this year. I'm not going to knit very many gifts but I do need to get on to knitting them. All of the knitting giftees read this blog so I won't be able to talk about them until after Christmas -- I know, no fun.

I'm also looking forward to unveiling a really cool project I'm going to be doing this coming year. Stay tuned this week... I'm going to unveil it soon!

For those of you traveling this week... happy travels and I hope you have lots of happy knitting to take along with you!

No comments: