Monday, November 30, 2009

New Project

Well, my fellow knitters, Baby John is sleeping and both the washing machine and dryer is full of laundry so I've decided to take a break and sit down with a strong cup of tea to tell you about my new project I'm going to begin in January.

Two days before Baby John's surprise birth I went out with a bunch of friends to see Julie & Julia. I was instantly inspired by the idea of slowly going through a master's work, learning their technique's, their artistry and their passion. After all, isn't that what Julie Powell did with Julia Child's cookbook, "Mastering the Art of French Cooking"?

I went home and the next day put the audiobook version of Julie & Julia on hold at my local library. Then my life erupted with the joyful birth of Baby John and I forgot about the idea that was slowly growing in my mind until a month later when I received a notice from the library that the audiobook was available for pick up.

It was while I was listening to Julie & Julia and slowly getting into the routine of life with a wee babes that the idea hit me.... go check it out here. Make a note of it in your google reader and join me, if you wish, as I knit!

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

This sounds like a great project! Best wishes. Let me know if you run out of yarn - I'll fund a project. (OK, I confess, I am just addicted to S&S and can't leave the place without a purchase! I need a beneficiary!)