Thursday, November 12, 2009

Preparing...

This coming Sunday Baby John will be baptized. It is amazing, already he is going to face one of life's mile markers. we are going to be hosting all the family back to our house for a celebratory dinner afterward. Thus, I have been cleaning, raking leaves & cutting the dog's hair in preparation for the dinner party.

Thank goodness there are a few more days left. I have a pumpkin cheesecake to make and freeze. I have some more food shopping to do and a ton more cleaning. But it is all fun because it is such a special day.

Baby John will be wearing one of the Wall's baptism gowns. Both sides of our family have gowns but I thought it would be special to start the tradition of the girls wearing the maternal gowns and the boys wearing the paternal gowns. We had four gowns to choose from; all were beautiful. I finally settled on a simple but elegant gown (the first picture) but just had to try on the gown that was the "frilliest" (second picture).

My mother commented on Monday afternoon that Baby John will need a white cardigan to go with his baptism outfit. I had none! Ahhh.... so Monday night I sat down at my desk and worked out a few calculations and cast on.

This is what I have done so far. It will have cables down the front and back. Will I get it done? Hmm... I don't know. But I'm going to try.

No comments: