Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Raking Leaves

It's time to rake leaves again. Some people prefer to "blow" the leaves. But I think there is something nice about raking and hearing the rustle of the leaves instead of the loud whirl of the blower engine.

I bundled Baby John up in his woolies and pushed him out on the deck to get his daily "airing" while I raked. He promptly fell asleep with his nook in his mouth.

Tonia notice the hat -- I love it. One of the nice features of his little "helmet" hat are the ear flaps! Love it! Did it come from Itty Bitty Hats by Susan B. Anderson?

When I realized I didn't have the bags to dispose of the leaves I raked them into piles anyways and decided I'd bag them another day. So now we have all these little piles all over our back lawn.


My reward for raking was a hot cup of tea. Baby John's reward for being so good was some "playtime" in his crib. His Grandma and Grandpa Wall made him the cutest mobile. I just got it hung this past Saturday, much to Baby John's delight. He LOVES it. Yesterday he figured out that I'm the one that makes it go round. Now whenever it stops turning he whimpers until I come back and give it another spin! Ha! Smart kid.

1 comment:

Tonia said...

Christina- the hat is from Itty Bitty Hats- the book is in it's 5th printing! Susan is my favorite author- you should see Itty Bitty Toys and she has 2 more books in the works. Baby John is adorable and I loved seeing you both last week.
Tonia