Saturday, November 28, 2009

Shawls

There is something alluring to me about a cozy nook with a comfy chair and a warm shawl draped over the back of the chair. It just seems to invite you to come and have a bit of a sit & knit, doesn't it?

I don't think I have enough shawls around the house. I have decided to plan some shawl knitting for the holiday season. Once I have my Christmas knits accomplished, shawl knitting sounds restful and cozy.... I think I'd like to make an Ishbel for myself, and perhaps a wool peddler's shawl...

1 comment:

Ruth MacC said...

Your chairs look VERY inviting:o)I think home made things around the house makes a house a home. I don't have a lot but between the carpent (the fashon these years in Ireland is to put in wooden floors)and the coal fire people think it's cost and most importantly, my family thinks it's great!