Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thank You

Veteran's Day is a bit more gut wrenching when your friends are veterans and married to veterans.

Veteran's Day used to pass me by on the calendar without much of a thought. Yes, I might think about my grandfather who served in WWII. But I never met him and only knew him through pictures.

Now veteran's are much closer. They are the husbands of my friends, the father of fellow knitters, the friend of my youngest sister.

Some of them are still serving, just deployed or serving out deployments, or home, out of the service but forever changed and bearing the evidence of their sacrifice in their broken body.

Yeah, it is gut wrenching. I have finally seen first hand how much veterans give up for me and my family.

All of you veterans have my humble and sincere respect and gratitude.

God bless you all.

No comments: