Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Knitting

I'm beginning to crest the hill with my Christmas knitting. Presents are coming together and flying off the needles now, despite the fussy baby with the wee baby cough.

JK hardly ever reads my blog, so I think it's safe to post his knitted Christmas present here. I made his a Guernsey-style vest. I used classic Cascade 220 and am extremely pleased with the stitch definition. I think the vest might be a little too big... we'll see. I went off a vest he had and I think I should have taken actual measurements from him. Oh, well, my fingers are crossed for a good fit.

I also just finished a new hat for JK. I made last year's hat a bit too small. (See a pattern developing here? It is hard to fit my husband.) I LOVE this hat and would like to steal it for my own. Instead I think I'm going to be knitting one for myself when all the Christmas knitting is over (and before I cast on for the Zimmermann Project).

This hat is lined with Princess - a lovely yarn with a cashmere/angora blend. It is wooly and warm inside.

I hope you all are doing well with your Christmas presents. I keep adding last minute gifts I want to knit... we'll see how far I get.
Happy Knitting!

3 comments:

Outside My Comfort Zone said...

I am going to have to stop reading your blog because...I WANT ALL YOUR SWEATERS AND THAT HAT!!! I think I am going to have to learn how to knit. Although I don't think I will be able to get to your level of quality. Anyway, I hope you are having a lovely Christmas season and I really look forward to seeing you and meeting baby John in the Spring!

Ruth MacC said...

Happy Christmas from Ireland!

Anonymous said...

I'm not just a few months behind ... I see that I am years and years behind.
But that hat is beautiful!
Should I keep looking for the pattern - or should I give up (in failure) right now?

Janey
janeyknitting@yahoo.ca