Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Regina Cardigan

Believe it or not, our pile of Christmas knitting will soon be completed and we will all hit the January blues desperate for a new project. So here is a new cardigan for you to consider.

The Regina Cardigan is knit, of course, from the top down with the button band knit along the way, so there is virtually no finishing. Don't we all LOVE that!


The one thing I really love about this cardigan is how the 1x1 rib flows without interruption into a 3x1 rib and gives the cardigan a gentle A-line shape.

I knit the model in Cascade 220 because I love the stitch definition Cascade 220 has. However, I think my next version of this sweater will be in Ultra Alpaca. The Ultra Alpaca will give the same stitch definition but add a little drape and swing.... I can't wait to cast another one onto my needles!

You can buy it over on Ravelry. It will soon be up on my shop website too...

2 comments:

Heather L. said...

I think I'll have to make this one next! We'll have to choose something from my stash....

em said...

CUTE!!!!