Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Holly & Ivy Shawlette






In the autumn I feel a bit "Brambly-Hedgish" and love to hunker down and work on knitting for Christmas. I know, a bit silly, but still, there is a satisfaction about working on something lovely to give as a gift during the Christmas Holidays.

Last year after Christmas I was thinking about my favorite carol, "The Holly and The Ivy". I adore that carol - but couldn't give you a reason why. I decided to design a Christmas shawl with the theme of "holly & ivy".

The border of this lace shawlette is designed to mimic pointed leaves of ivy and the lace baubles are meant to depict twigs of holly.

I designed this shawl with yarn support from Springtree Road. I adore Springtree's yarns! They have such a great line of yarn to choose from. The yarn I choose for the Holly & Ivy shawl is Springtree's Blue Faced Leicester yarn - a lovely drapey yarn with high luster!

Many thanks to my technical editor Gina - not only did she fix my mistakes she also test knitted the chart portion of the shawl. And many thanks to Becky who test edited the written lace instructions  Yes, this shawl has both charted and written lace instructions!

You can hop on over to Ravelry to enjoy all the details!
Happy Knitting!

No comments: