Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Around again














Hello Friends! I'm back in my old stomping ground again. Wordpress has been giving me problems. Don't you hate it when you just can't figure it out. Ah, well. Thank goodness there is good old blogger to fall back upon.

This past week I've had a knitting class (very informal) in my house - of course accompanied with tea and cookies.

We've had a car repair shop going down in the basement. And a telephone shop in the living room. Every time the sun comes out we hop outside for a trike ride. John is quite a little engine on his trike and loves the exercise!

I find myself dreaming of gardening. Plotting and planning and itching to get out and work in the dirt. It's about now I miss flowers and green grass. Although I have enjoyed this real bit of winter we've had.

And I finished the little granny square blanket I was working on. It's turned out so sweetly. And since it's all alpaca and cashmere it's so soft. Ah, sigh. Wish it was my size! Oh, well.

What have I been reading? I've been working on Winter Solstice by Rosamunde Pilcher and wishing I could pop in the story and participate in the fellowship and laughter in the big stone house in Scotland. Ah, well. Such is life.

Joining with Ginny and all the other wonderful knitters!

PS: I used Attic 24's wonderful joining technique to join my granny squares. A friend recommended it and I must say - it is a keeper. Nice and fast and lovely looking.

4 comments:

Charis's Mum said...

Hope you're able to figure out why Wordpress is giving you issues. Seeing the cups of tea makes me what a have a cup myself.

Lori ann said...

hi christina, i'm so glad to see you here, i thought it was just me having trouble getting in to your site before. what a lovely knitting class, it was so sweet to have tea and cookies, i would have loved to been there!

Maria said...

What a fantastic knitting class, I would love something similar, the teapot cover is marvellous!

Heidi Kuijer said...

Your class looks like it was fun. Love the granny blanket. The colors are so pretty.

I have Winter Solstice on my shelves waiting forever to be read. Hearing you talk about the big stone house makes me want to dive into the book.

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi