Wednesday, February 13, 2013

In The Midst of Life



Hello Friends!

How are you this week? The sunshine is out today giving me hope again for this lovely winter to fade into a lovelier spring. My daffodils are poking out of the ground just a little bit so I know that amazing thing called spring is around the corner.

I'm still working on my lovely Mondo Cable Cardi and Jenny Worth's third book "In the Midst of Life." It is a thought provoking and moving look at death and the end of life and how we should treat it. Reading this book has spurred on a thought I have had in the back of my mind for a year or two now. When my children are grown and in college I would like to go back to school to become a nurse specifically to older people. I know - not many people want to do this and really do not like to work with older people because they say it is depressing. But it is a natural process that will happen to all of us. Why should we not give the older generation tender loving care as we would our little children. Anyways.... deep thoughts I am musing on.

I hope your day is filled with sunshine wherever you are!

happy knitting!

Joining with Ginny









2 comments:

Heather L. said...

Well, you are going for older people and I think I'm going for babies!!!! ha ha ha! Isn't it great how mom took us around to visit the elderly so that we are so comfortable with that?! Also, I think it is so neat that God puts desires in our hearts for specific needs......

One Acre Follies said...

That yarn looks scrumptious!! I like that pattern too. That will look really pretty on you.