Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Yarn Along





Hello Knitters! This week has been the hardest this winter - at least for me. The cold cold temperatures came back just as we were getting used to afternoon walks and a tiny bit of play at the play ground. Ah, well. There are the winter blues and that's just a fact of life. We've tried to remedied the problem with cups of hot chocolate, trips to the library for stacks of books and indoor tents in which we can play cars.


Meanwhile I finished my blooming flower cushion  It was tooooo much fun to crochet and now I think I need to make a colorful one! Hmmmm! At least it is a fabulous way to use up bits and pieces of leftover yarn!


And then I got caught up in the crochet hook that Attic 24 had displayed in her blooming flower cushion tutorial. So guess what! After trying to find one on etsy that was polka dots and coming up empty handed I decided to make my own! I had so much fun making the first one I couldn't stop and ended up doing a bit of a hurried job as I tried to balance John's demands with my own craving to craft.... so the second one ended up being less than perfect. Ah, well. It was fun!


On the reading front I finished In the Midst of Life and passed it on to my sister. We'll see how she likes it. It was extremely thought provoking. I'm still slowly making my way through Winter Solstice but I'm at that point where you don't want it to end or anything bad to happen. So I'm taking it slow - as if that will help it last forever! Silly me. My main read is "The Secret Keeper" and oh, am I engrossed! Thankfully I have it on CD so I can get a little work knitting done as I listen.



Joining with Ginny


3 comments:

Charis's Mum said...

The pillow is gorgeous!!! If I only knew how to crochet...

One Acre Follies said...

I'm not sure which I like better the pillow or the hooks! Very cute!!

Karen Sue said...

WOW! Great Pillow! I'm not that brave yet!
I read Winter Soltice in my book club several years ago. I think I remember it was pretty good. I've been slacking on my posting, and my reading and knitting. Soon the time will open up a bit...