Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Snow Day

When I heard we were getting snow on Sunday I really didn't believe it. I think because I didn't want to believe it. I'm ready to get outside and do some yard work. John is eager for afternoon trike rides. I'm coveting the color green. We're just ready for a change of seasons. After our harrowing ride home from papa's birthday party we awoke to this:


Narnia. At least I feel like I'm in Narnia. Always winter. It's funny, isn't it - if this was December I would be thrilled with the snow. I find it interesting to think about how God has built something inside of us to look forward to the next season after a while.

Well, I decided to make the best of it. For the greater part of the morning we played Postman Pat. I thought John deserved a lot of mommy attention since I had neglected him greatly last week getting ready for the tea party on Saturday.


And when we were done with Postman Pat we went outside. Did we shovel our driveway? Why of course not. I've done that way too many times this season. So instead I made roads for John to ride around on and we play red light/green light (our version).


I'm sure our neighbors thought I was ridiculous. But oh, well. John had the time of his life out there and kept on saying, "This is soooo fun!"

Back inside I had to figure out how to make lunch without an oven or a stove - only a griddle and a microwave. I was dying for a hot soup... so I made soup! Italian Beef Veggie.


It worked! We had it for lunch with toast and I plan on having the leftovers for lunch tomorrow - but I'm going to heat it up in the crock pot this time.

John and I took 2 hour naps after lunch. I was wiped out and so was he. There is something about playing in the snow. When we got up from rest time we treated ourselves to leftover cupcakes and mugs of tea (yes, John drinks milky tea). And I squeezed in a little knitting. I'm still working on my vintage tea cozy. Almost done!


So that was our snow day. I feel so bad for those who had to go into work today and brave the roads. I do hope they weren't too bad for you. Up and down the block I noticed a lot of neighbors working from home. And now it's off for a nice rest before the day begins again tomorrow!
Keep warm, friends!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Sounds like a great day! We got about 3 inches from that storm.