Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Thaw














Hello Friends! Thank you so much for all of your kind comments on the last post. We are so excited and happy. I had given up hope that we would have a sibling for John. But here we are, quite delighted and happy.

We've had a bit of a thaw over the weekend. Monday morning John and I decided to head out first thing and see if we could spot any signs of spring. A robin, a beaver's thatch, and some daffodil shoots under the old tree - not a lot but still just enough to make us really believe spring is on it's way.

I've been continuing to dabble in making polymer clay handles for my crochet hooks. It is so addictive and fun! My sister pointed out that the hooks are harder to loose when they have handles on them! It's true! I'm going to have quite a collection soon!

My "misty morning" granny square baby blanket is coming along nicely. Again, using up bits and pieces of scraps and then a few larger skeins of stash. Well, I did buy the oatmeal color from KnitPicks. You really can't beat their Wool of the Andes as a good old workhorse yarn, can you? And the colors....they have quite a selection.

The sun is out again today! Wonderful treat! I hope you are all getting a bit of spring in your neck of the woods!

1 comment:

Lori ann said...

oh my goodness christina! what wonderful news! i've been offline for several days and just read your expecting, congratulations!!

it does look like spring is coming your way, enjoy dear!