Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Yarn Along














Hello Friends!

Happy Wednesday - the middle of the week.  This week I've actually managed to do some fun crafting with my sister. Her schedule is so different from mine these days since she is homeschooling 4 older children we don't often get a chance to get together and create. This week we managed to squeeze it in - but just barely. We kept calling each other saying, "I'm running just a little behind." But we did it!

We made some tea and then retreated to her crafting closet and began. My first attempt at my felt wreath was horrible. So sis came to the rescue - gave me one of her foam wreaths and set about covering it while I worked on my flowers. The time went by too fast and I left much later than I should have. Especially since I had to go by the grocery and pick up things for dinner. But it was worth it!

I finished "The Secret Keeper" by Kate Morton. Oh, I loved it! Now I'm about to begin "The Forgotten Garden" by Kate Morton. I also began a brightly colored fluted tea cozy. I love how vintage these tea cosies look.

And... we woke up to snow again this morning. I guess it's not spring quite yet. Thank goodness for the potted bulbs we can bring indoors and tempt ourselves with some spring loveliness!

Joining with Ginny!

8 comments:

Heather L. said...

Your wreath looks gorgeous!!! Can't wait to see your cozy!

Heather L. said...

I have not read that book! Will have to get it.

Heather L. said...

I have not read that book! Will have to get it.

katharine said...

Such a lovely wreath. You really aniled it. I often find it's the simpler things that are harder to achieve but this is lovely.

Nat at Made in Home said...

The wreath is amazing!

Nikki Wall said...

Beautiful wreath! x

Ruth MacCarthaigh said...

Thats really lovely.

Helen Philipps said...

Gorgeous wreath! We have had snow over here too....time to stay in and read or sew!
Helen x