Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A new knitting basket ta-dah!

Hello friends! I have a fun finished project to show you! It's kind of a story of a basket.
I've had this basket for several years now and have used it as my around the house or small project knitting basket. It is just the right size and has such a comfortable handle.



However, as you can see it has started to show some wear and tear. So I knitted and knitted and knitted and 3 days later I had this:


Isn't it rather sweet?

I used Knit Picks newest cotton yarn: Billow. I have been eager to try it out and now that I have I am not a fan. Yeah, I know, I hate to say that but really, and truly it's not a yarn that stands out. It pills and sheds right away and kind of looks tired out when you are finished.

But I loved the idea of creating a liner for my basket. Now my yarn does not catch on the inside or edge and I have a cute little tote that looks very creative!



I just laugh when I see all those lovely boy colors in my very girly knitting basket! But I think I have to surround myself with some pink - I'm quickly being overrun in this little family of mine! =) (And I love that fact)

So that's my little "ta-dah". If I do another one I'll have to write up the process step by step so I can give you all an idea of what I did. It's terribly fun to do!

Should I leave you with one last picture of yarnie goodness? Okay! Here's a picture of some of the handspun I keep on my studio desk to inspire me.... yes, it's scrumptious!


2 comments:

One Acre Follies said...

It's adorable! That would be a great Easter basket too.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! You are just too clever!