Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Baby Knits



Happy Wednesday everyone! It's time to catch up on the knitting basket, isn't it?



Over the weekend I finished baby's first little sweater/hat ensemble. There is no pattern to share (sorry) but perhaps I will get around to writing down at least a new born size.



I love the green and the blue together, don't you? And the mis-matched vintage buttons! oh, so fun!




The yarn is KnitPicks Wool of the Andes Sport (they have such a wonderful collection of colors). Yes, I know, not a superwash (but they have superwash sport). I'm just a firm believer in real wool and don't mind hand washing baby things.

What's coming next? Can you guess?



PS: Want to keep track of it all? The first finished items for baby.

Joining with Ginny






5 comments:

karen said...

what a sweet adorable set!! love the color combination :)

Reneelynn said...

The sweater set is wonderful!! The blanket? looks great too but, I really don't like the sewing together of all these squares ;( when I get to that part I just want to be done ;)

Sarah said...

I recently discovered Knit Picks (don't ask me how I only JUST discovered it) and am loving their yarn! It is so reasonably priced so I don't feel like I'm breaking the bank keeping up my knitting habit! Beautiful colors for your baby sweater and hat. I LOVE the mismatched buttons - sweet!

Charis's Mum said...

The colors are definitely lovely on the baby sweater.

Lisa @ HappyinDoleValley said...

So, so adorable!