Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Yarn Along and other things...


Hello Friends! It's finally a sunny day here. We've had "Scotland" days lately - lots of rain and sun and clouds.


But the flowers are loving all the rain and soaking up the little bits of sun and have been growing immense!

Just look at my clematis this year! It's been such a delight to eat out on the deck every night and sometimes sneak breakfast out there too!


But enough of my flowers; right? What we really want to talk about is the knitting basket! Just look at that basket - overflowing with yarny goodness!


My pop spots shawl is coming along swimmingly! I want to work on it ALL THE TIME, but have to refrain due to house work, the little fellow and well, life! =)


Knitting for the little baby boy kicking away inside my tummy is too much fun. Yes! You all guessed it.. the little square I was making last week are for a baby blanket. Isn't it fun! It's not done yet - I had to order some more yarn.... woops! =)


And then I finished a little hospital hat for the little guy and have begun matching socks. Don't you love the yarn? It's this yarn, colorway Building Blocks. I've been having fun knitting with it.

What have I been reading? Well, I just finished The Hills Is Lonely by Lillian Beckwith and found it quite amusing!

I had better run now. The little fellow has had a rough day and has poked his head out of "rest time" a few times already. Ah, well.

Joining with Ginny

3 comments:

One Acre Follies said...

I love that blanket!! will you make me one? LOL

Mistea said...

Your blanket is gorgeous. The shawl is amazing and looks lovely and warm.
Sweet hat for the little one.

Stephanie said...

I love all the baby knits so far! Hope you are feel well and he isn't kicking you too hard. ;-) I used KP Felici Fingering for NB hat and socks (Afternoon) and Sport for a 10 stitch blanket (Sunny Day). http://www.ravelry.com/projects/sjn821