Tuesday, June 25, 2013

South Haven 2


After breakfast in our rooms, and a nice long sit down under the trees of the hotel sipping coffee and playing "Go Fish" with Johnny, we hit the pier.


Nothing reminds me of Long Island more than the boat slips with the sail boats. These were little sail boats but still, their masts made me happy.







The little red light house - so small and cute but so useful.


And then there was lunch on the beach again...


Nothing beats lunch on the beach.


And more sand play...

Sand roads were endless and long...


I finally had to retreat to a tree on the hill over looking the beach. Two days of sun was finally catching up to me and I was beginning to feel tired and dizzy and nauseous - not good things to feel when you're pregnant. But I loved my view from the hill. I could watch the people and hear the joyful cries of the kids and see the beautiful boats head out for an afternoon's adventure.



All too soon our lovely time came to an end and we packed up to head south again. Ah, but it was good. Next time we visit we'll have two little boys in tow. It did give me pleasure to think of that and to think of John prancing around with his little brother.



2 comments:

One Acre Follies said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time! What a pretty place.

Anonymous said...

Ohh, I love South Haven. We went there on our honeymoon!